Where did my post go????????

Did I say something wrong or am I losing my mind? I had a post about migraines and it disappeared. Where did it go?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I just read it...they may have felt that is was going "South"!!!
  • smaces_twin,
    You aren't losing your mind. I wish I could blame the system, but actually it was a human error -- mine. I clicked the wrong button this morning and accidentally "archived" your thread. Unfortunately (now I AM blaming the system), we can't click on another button and return the thread to its proper place, according to the technical folks who thankfully know much more about how this system works than I do. The system simply won't let me do that. So I'm gonna do two things: (1) reinsert all the messages here; and (2) go find an aspirin for the headache that seems to be coming on.

If you want to start a new thread about migraines, please do so. I apologize for the inconvenience. Here is your earlier message along with the four replies that were posted up to this point. tk
    -----------------------------
    "Migraine-out a week?"

ORIGINAL POST
    smaces_twin, NC
    Employee was out over a week with a migraine. He has intermittent papers approved. I don't think their is anything I can do. Any ideas?

reply #1
    deniseE, PA
    Migraines are tricky little devils...and if you've never had one...consider yourself lucky....

sometimes the medication prescribed to help alleviate them actually causes "cluster headaches" which are no more fun than the one you were trying to rid yourself of!!

If the Dr. certifies it...I don't know what you can do....

reply #2
    lnelson, CA
    Agree with Denise.
    I also have an ee with migraine on FMLA...Nothing you can do if certified.

reply #3
    smaces_twin, NC
    My wife has migraines (I'm usually the cause ) so I can sympathize. But a week? I can't imagine.

reply #4
    deniseE, PA
    some people are better at working through them than others....that's not to say that they are not any more/less debilitated...and there are the other side effects....

many of the medications have caffiene which may get rid of the headache in time...but the person cannot sleep...others cause extreme nausea...which comes with a migraine anyway...it really just depends...

I agree that a week is a long time..but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that it could happen...although hopefully, this is not frequent!

• I had a migraine start at work last Friday. I took Imitrix. It came back on Saturday. I ended up taking Imitrix twice again Saturday. Headache came back again on Sunday morning. Two more Imitrix and a lot of time on the sofa on Sunday. Went to the Chiropractor and massage therapist on Monday morning to get neck and shoulders back in shape. Headache since then has not been bad enough for medication but still lingering. Migraines are terrible. If you have not had one, thank your lucky stars and have some compassion. They stink. Last weekend was our first weekend in Wisconsin that it has not been cold and rainy. I spent it sleeping!
  • Couldn't you simply go into the archived thread and post a reply and resurrect it to the active section?
  • No, once a message is archived, it's in a Read-Only format and can't be reactivated. tk