Still Learning!

After reading some of the other post, am I to understand that an ee can use fmla for more than one illness? They only have the 12 weeks whether for one illness or 2-10 but must have cert for each, is this correct? If they come back after 2 wks for first they still have 10 wks for other illnesses? HELP! and Thanks!

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You are correct! Jane Does breaks her leg and misses 4 weeks, FMLA, then 3 months later has a baby she still has 8 wonderful weeks of FMLA job protection to bond with that baby!!!!!!

My $0.02 worth!
    DJ The Balloonman
  • Twelve weeks in all in your defined 12 month period. There can be an unlimited number of 'certifiable' types of incidents during the rolling 12 months, but they cannot in aggregate exceed the 12 weeks. Except in those states that have add-on state-FML.

Note: The preceeding is my personal opinion and has no value beyond that. Although it may be 'sorta offensive' or 'indeed offensive' to someone out there, it is offered without regard to that possibility. Should you find yourself alarmed by my post, you may privately mail me to protest or you may alert the principal's office. x:-)