fitness center for ee

does anyone have a fitness center on their property that is available to off duty ees 24/7. If so do you have them sign a release from liability and if so would you mind sharing this. We are in the process of building a new corporate HQ that will have a large portion of the first floor as a fitness center for employees only

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Will you manage the facility or contract with an established group to manage it? Most employers follow the contract path. If not, you will need to use a release form for any one using the facility.

Peyton Irby
    Editor, Mississippi Employment Law Letter
    Watkins Ludlam Winter & Stennis, P.A.
    (601) 949-4810
    [email]pirby@watkinsludlam.com[/email]
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 02-17-09 AT 01:17PM (CST)[/font][br][br]We have an exercise room in one of our locations, and we do have all employees sign a release form upon hire. It reads as follows:

"I, the undersigned, am an employee of (company name & location). I understand that I have my employer's permission to make use of the employer's exercise equipment located on the business premises. It is understood that my use of such equipment is to be confied to time periods other than normal business hours. It is also understood that the use of the equipment by me is not a condition of my employment, and that whether I actually make use of the equipment is my own decision.

In consideration of the grant of the permission outlined above, I release and discharge my employer and its officers, directors, agents, successors or assigns from all claims which I or my heirs, successors, or assigns may have, or claim to have, against my employer or its officers, directors, agents, successors or assigns for any personal injuries cased by, or arising out of, my use of the above-described equipment.

I have read this release and undersand all its terms. I execute it voluntarily and with full knowledge of its significance."

• we will manage so this release will be helpful thanks for the responses