Employee Picture Directory

Good Afternoon all, it sure is a beautiful day here, and my weekend starts in a half an hour. But I must stay on topic... I work for a company with multiple locations throughout 7 states. I am working on creating a Employee Photo Directory with pictures I have saved and used for employee ID cards. My question is this; Must I contact each of my employees and ask them if they are okay with me posting their picture in this directory? I know that this would be a great thing for our company to use just among our employees. I like being able to place a face with a name and a voice. Your thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, and wish everyone a wonderful rest of the day!

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We have an employee directory on our intranet site, and I agree that it's great to have to put a face with a voice. Ours is strictly optional, and while most employees don't mind having their photo out there we've had a few that absolutely refuse. I don't know about whether or not you technically MUST ask permission, but I certainly would ask before putting the pictures out there because I'd be willing to bet that you'll have at least one employee who will object to it for some reason or another.
  • I strongly advise you to send out a memo and telling the employees what you intend to do. You should also incude directions for those who wish to opt out. For some reason this idea of an employee picture directory is a hot potato.