Best Training Videos

Professional dress training was brought up in another thread but it got me thinking about some of the excellent training videos we use.

A good training video will typically cost between $500-1000 but are generally worth the investment if you use them regularly.

If anyone has a MSDS or Bloodborne Pathogens video that isn't soul-suckingly boring, I'd love to hear about it.

We have two training videos that I would highly recommend:

Give Em the Pickle - I have seen this at least 30 times and its still entertaining. A simple but powerful message about giving great customer service. Led by Bob Farrell, the founder of Farrell's Ice Cream Parlors, the "Pickle" video as its known around here has been well recieved by our staff and over the years has become part of our "culture" of customer service.

Start Right, Stay Right - this is the video I didn't think existed. A professional, well produced, well acted overview of the basics of succeeding in a job. It covers communication, taking responsibility, seeking out new skills, understanding the big picture, dressing appropriately, getting along with co-workers, etc. Its basic enough to show new hires but comprehensive enough to use as a good review for all your employees.

What are your recommendations?

Comments