EE01 reporting

I hope this doesn't sound stupid, but I honeslty haven't had to do this before. The company I used to work was a public, non-government contractor and we completed an EE01 report every year. I now work for a private company (no government contracts) and was wondering if I need to submit and EE01 report?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Two questions asked by EEOC to determine who has to complete an EEO-1 report:

1. All employers with 100 or more employees,

or

2. All federal government contractors and first-tier subcontractors with 50 or more employees AND a contract amounting to $50,000 or more.

If you can't find evidence that your present company has completed one in the past, contact EEOC (1-866-286-6440) and ask how to proceed.

I found myself in that situation when I first took my HR job I have now. I had never worked in HR and didn't know such a beast existed. Along about December that year, I came accross an old EEO-1 report, realized there was a September reporting period, and realized I had not done one in September (my month of hire). I called EEOC, explained the situation, and they directed me on how to proceed and did not penalize my organization in any way.

• And if you fall under number 2 above you also may have to have an Affirmative Action Program. This comes under the DOL's OFCCP.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 06-22-07 AT 09:18AM (CST)[/font][br][br]I have a question on the #2 part of the statement. My company is just a supplier of construction materials to the General Contractors who get the federal government contracts. Does that mean we are not first-tier subcontractors and therefore do not have to complete the EEO-1 report? We only have 68 employees so we don't meet the #1 qualification anyway.