Letter from OSHA

One of my employees brought a response letter from OSHA to my office. He received this letter in response to his complaint. He brought the letter to me and stated that he didn't file any complaint. He called OSHA and they told him that he did file a complaint and just to wait until they did their investigation, and not to tell me. Well, he told me. Any suggestions on what to do? Should I call them myself? Wait? I don't think we will have any issues, but I want to protect the company as best I can. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • What did the letter say? OSHA could do an inspection as a result of the complaint. If there is a problem you better fix it. Do not retaliate against this employee for filing a complaint. He is protected by law.

Also, if they come in for a complaint anything they see is fair game.
  • The letter said that they will schedule an inspection as soon as possible. The employee said that when he called to tell them that he didn't file a complaint, that it was about smoke in the factory. I don't think there is a problem, I'm not particularly worried about it, but would it be better if I called OSHA, or should I just let them come in?
  • Sorry for the delay. You could try to call them. I doubt it will stop them. They may think your trying to cover up info.

I would advise that you get prepared. Figure out the route your going to take them. Double check your paperwork and training records associated with the complaint. Lastly, DON'T LIE. If your doing something wrong your better off being honest and taking your medicine.