Weighted Measurements on Perfromance Appraisals

Does any one have experiences for placing weights on certain compentencies or categories on performance appraisals?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I haven't seen evaluations like that, but you could create a point system, e.g., quality of work is worth 50 possible points, having a clean desk is a max 3 points.... It would be convenient, but not essential, if it adds up to 100.

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com
  • I used a similar type of review in the past. Employees utilized the same review form. The manager along with the employee would determine a priority factor (%) based on the importance of and time spent in each category for that specific job title. The categories were communication, individual, organization/planning, job skills and supervisory skills. The total had to equal 100%. Each category contain several criteria that the manager rated the employee from 1-5. Then the average was determined for the category and multiplied by the priority factor. It was hectic to get it started, but worked well after that.
  • Our system allows us to assign weights to any or all factors. We use the automated program "Performance Pro" from HRN ([url]www.hrnonline.com[/url]) and it takes care of all the calculations. It draws the weights from standards we provide for each job title. I've been here exactly one week, so if you want to know how well it works, you'll have to ask later. ;)