Armed Resident Aliens

Is there any legal interpretation of the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, or any other federal or Colorado State legal provision, that would prevent a legal resident alien from owning a firearm or being employed in Colorado as an Armed Security Guard?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If they are legal to work I don't see how they can't be employed as a security guard. Wouldn't that be discrimination if they couldn't?

But to answer your question, no I don't have a legal interpretation of the second amendment. You'll probably have to call a lawyer on that one.
  • Generally, the various Bill of Rights provisions have been held to apply to aliens as well as citizens. These have been resident aliens in the U.S. There are debates about this regarding the non-resident prisoners held in Cuba. However, it is my opinion that if the second amendment confers a right to keep and bear arms, that such right would also attach to resident aliens as well as citizens in the U.S.
  • You could try calling a few of the larger security agencies in your state. They may have dealt with that issue before and could provide you with the information you are looking for.