Selected for OFCCP desk audit

Any advice? Are these random or is there something that would have caused us to be one of their chosen ones?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Just make sure you have all of your documentation and backup and that your AAP is current. Sometimes their selection is random and sometimes it isn't. You can always ask them the reason you were chosen.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.
  • We were selected 2 years ago for an audit. I asked how they picked us and they told me a government client of ours had requested it. I can't stress how important it is to have your AAP updated. They went through mine with a fine tooth comb. I thought mine was in great shape and got a citation for not trying hard enough to determine race/gender of all applicants. We were put on a 12 month probationary period where we had to report quarterly to show we were making stronger efforts. My auditor was very nice but very tough.
  • It's been 20+ years since I had my OFCCP Audit. Boy what a pain. They visted for weeks and it drug on for years.
    They checked everything.
    At that time they were doing it by "industry" and we were insurance industry and lots were getting picked at that time.
    Good luck. Normally the auditors are very nice and will help you and tell you what you are doing wrong. Work with them,, don't fight them.
    The only thing I can remember that we "didn't allow them to do" was to interview employees on company time. They could call them at home if they wanted, but we saw no reason to give them an open invite to talk with all employees. They accepted this pretty well.
    Keep us posted on how it goes.
    E Wart