Recruting - Collection Attorney

We are a privately owned company located in Nashville, TN. We will be recruiting for a Collection Attorney and was wondering if anyone can give me some leads as to where to advertise, post, etc. The position will provide legal support to 2 internal depts. pertaining to collection of delinquent account balances. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I would try the placement offices at available colleges and universities. My next stop would probably be in law trade magazines or other media.

I've always had good luck at the state workforce centers for recruiting, but I can't say as I've ever recruited a lawyer. Come to think of it, I hope I never have to.

Happy shark hunting, nicroman.
  • You will have a legal "newspaper" that is taken by all attornies. (In Atlanta it is the Fulton Daily Reporter.) They have an ad section in the back. This is definitely where you should look. You may want to consider other towns instead of just Nashville.
    Also, call the state bar association. They probably have an employment reference section (especially since you are looking for someone specific.)
    College law schools are great, but a lot of their referrals will be rookies (unless they give a good service to experienced grads).
    This is one area I would screen carefully. I hate to say it, but many Collection Attornies are "slim balls" and you wouldn't want them representing your company. (My husband is an attorney and he would be the first to agree with me.) If you know someone you respect, I would run anyone you might talk with by them and they will probably know them (if they are in their field.) You should also check with the bar association to make sure they don't have an "marks against them".
    Good luck.
    E Wart
  • Hi nicroman, I see that you work up in Nashville near the giant nekkid statues. We're down the road in Brentwood.

When we hire staff attorneys, we just put an ad in the Tennessean and get good results.

Both the Nashville and Tenn. bar associations have magazines where you can put a classified ad.
    [url]http://www.nashbar.org/[/url]
    [url]http://www.tba.org[/url]

Good luck.

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com