Annual Bonus

How many of you do an annual bonus for your employees? Based on performance & senority?

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Performance based only. Seniority means jack squat in our organization. We have a very aggressive comp structure which climbs with varying levels of responsibility. Department Managers have 50% of base eligibility, and we've paid it to most for several years now.
  • I don't have any hard figures, but off the top of my head I'd guess that 31% of our readers give end-of-the-year bonuses to most or all of their employees, and 18% give bonuses to some employees.

And just picking numbers out of the air, I'd say that 36% of the bonuses are performance-based, 28% are across the board, and 36% are a combination of the two.

But those are just wild guesses. It's not like I logged into the Subscribers Area and looked at the results of the HR Hero Survey on raises. No siree! :~~

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com
  • The report of which Pinnochio I mean James speaks should be able to be found here: [url]http://www.hrhero.com/lc/survey/results.cgi?raises2005[/url]

If that doesn't work, go to the subscribers area. On the right hand side, under Your Resources, click on HR Hero Survey Results, and it should be the first one listed, for December.
  • Thank you I was asked by higher ups to see what is the norm out there.
  • After the annual audit, our plants that have been profitable have a pool of money that they are able to distribute to their employees. This is strictly discretionary. Only the GM's of the plant do have a formula by which they are compensated on the profitability of their plant.
    E Wart
  • Performance based only.

Cheryl C.
  • Based on porfitability of the company, the board decides how much year-end bonus is to be paid. For the past several years this has equated to about 1 to 1.5 weeks worth of salary that is put into a pool for each department. Then each individual manager takes their pool and decides who gets what percentage based on the ee's last review points and performance since the review. EE's that have been on specific disciplinary steps during that calendar year are not eligible for the year-end bonus.
  • To our production group of personnel they are on a production bonus based on output and expense controls. It is calculated Quarterly and paid out monthly.

Administrative support employees are given a subjective Christmas bonus, which is decided by the Department Heads and the General Manager with consultation with our President/owner of the company. Just got our checks last week! Sure was nice to once again lead the list, with a $3000.00 individual performance award. The amounts went from $3000.00 down to 0, with most hitting the $250.00 range. Personal value of the individual's performance to the overall company efforts is what is used to set a designated amount of money to the award of a subjective amount of money.

PORK