Poster Non Profit

Does a non profit with 5 part-time employees have to post Federal and State Posters? They are located in Alabama - sorry this is for one of my owners who works with this orgaznization.

Thanks

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I can't speak to whether or not they "have to" but what would it hurt? The posters should be available for free from the state department of labor, possibly even available for download on their website as they are here in Nebraska. I would say better safe than sorry, especially when this is so minimal. They may be balking at buying the $50 all-in-one poster - they don't have to do that.
  • This gets a little tricky. You have to determine which provisions you are governed under and then determine which postings apply. As HRCalico suggested, the Federal 5-in-1 may not be the best solution, however, you may need individual posters.

For example, it is possible that as a non-profit, you may have an enterprise exemption under the FLSA, however, you may have some individuals who don't (for example a certain department or persons within the non-profit are involved in interstate commerce).

Good luck.

Gene
  • What about Workers Comp and a general title vii poster. Lots of non-profits have federal and state dollars coming in and they generally dictate that you comply with all of those requirements.
  • I was going down each part of the poster and thinking the same thing - I acutally have extra here I will give them. Thanks for the help.