Forumite get together at AEIS

For all of you Forumites who will be attending our Advanced Employment Issues Symposium (AEIS) in Washington, DC, this week, there will be a chance to get together in person! I will be hosting a "Forumite" table at the complimentary breakfast on Thursday, October 6, at 8:00 a.m. I'll designate a table and anyone who is interested in meeting other Forumites is invited to come.

I did this last year in Atlanta and it was a blast to meet some HR Heroes in person.

Feel free to post on here if you will be attending the seminar. I hope to meet a lot of you there.

I imagine there will be a similar table at the AEIS in Las Vegas in November - although I'll likely be on maternity leave then and won't get a chance to come.

Anne Williams
Attorney Editor
M. Lee Smith Publishers, LLC

Comments

• 14 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 10-03-05 AT 11:18AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Count me in as long as we can be done with our meal in time for pOrK's Keynote Breakout Session:

"NOMADS and FOREIGN NATIONALS: A Study on S.A.V.E. and OSHA Logs and How They Affect Piglet Birth Rates"
  • Gene: I believe there was a post not long ago that said you would never post again about me or SAVE. Your memory is shorter than mine at this point and age. I will not be attending the gala affair, and have no knowledge of an invitation for the keynote address; however, it is a great idea, if someone is willing to pay for my time at my preceived value.

Ya'll have a great time and breakfast on M.L. Smith's watch and don't worry, I am not alarmed at anything someone with your professional calibre would bring to the conversation and event as it pertains to our "world of work". I am sure it would all be in good taste and forethought!

PORK
  • Maybe your command of the English language is worse than I thought. Merely typing the word S.A.V.E. does not amount to disucssing the subject. Besides, it was a joke.

Hey pOrK, I noticed you tried to join the Google Forum, try the official permanent site at [url]www.thehrforum.net[/url] we already have almost 100 members. If you behave I might even give you your own thread/section.
  • Gene: I did all of that, but I did not get an immediate approval and entry. I did look over the threads and I agree with others it should prove to be another usful forum. Because of the monitoring and controlling that has taken place most recently, I have really lost interest in spending much time here.

I have registered and I thought that just maybe the controller of the net might just be holding my string. Holding my string is ok! M.L. Smith will still be here for those of us that want to play.

PORK
  • I just came back from a management conference in beautiful Sun Valley, Idaho, put on by a consulting outfit we use. M Lee Smith might want to take a page from their conference. The only reason I attended was because the registration was FREE! For every client who had been with them for five years (this was our fifth year), they gave a free conference registration. I only had to pay airfare and hotel.

I'd probably attend one of the M Lee Smith functions if they were to do something like this. x;-)
  • Once The HR Forum becomes a full-fledged outfit we will probably offer the same. Plans are already underway for the 1st Annual Symposium to be held in Atlanta, GA. The conference itself will be held in the VIP Lounge at the Cheetah Lounge.

Gene
  • Why Atlanta? Why not someplace more centrally located so those of us from the West Coast might more easily attend? (Might more???)

Well, actually, airfare from Portland to Atlanta isn't too spendy. Will there be cots available and do we have to bring our own sleeping bags?
  • pOrK is bringing the refurbished 53' reefer unit he uses to travel to Del Rio, TX and Nogales.
  • Hey that just might be worth driving the 7 hours and 50 minutes to attend. I can pick up Sam and Susan along the way. I'll bring my camera as usual x;-)

Cheryl C.
  • Gene, what's all this stuff about Pork bringing "reefer?"

• CROUT: No "reefer" just "chittlings" for those that wish to prepare and cook!!! I don't eat it myself, but many of my brothers and sisters love the "stuff" loaded with lots of "hot sauce". You have to have it to get past the smell.

On to more important issues.

PORK
  • I lived in the South for a time and it's the ONE food item I could never develop a taste for. And I knew guys who dreamed about that stuff.
  • Anne:

Thank you for the invitation!
    I will be attending the AEIS/DC, and will look for your reserved forumite table Thursday AM.
    But it's only fair to warn everyone: I am NOT a morning person-- a conversation with me before 7AM bears a certain resemblance to a voyage to a distant planet.....but by 8AM I should be borderline semi-coherent (assuming there'll be coffee). ;-)

Scott (hrdir03nafcu)
  • Scott,

I look forward to meeting you. I will bring some of pOrK's chittlings to awaken your senses.