Yikes! Administaff at my doorstep!

As often happens, we have sold our product to someone who wants an opportunity at OUR business. So I am talking to Administaff. Any advice or any experiences you can share??

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Never heard of them until I opened a magazine in the mail today and saw an advert for them. Looks like, whoever they are, they're really into golf - they seem to sponsor a golf tournament. Don't know if that helps you or not, but if you golf you should give them your business. x;-)
  • JM is correct. They aren't a Temp agency, they are a PEO... beware.
    Your "employees" are "their employees".
    I would just tell them that your company is not instested in using this type of business. That you do want your employees to be your employees. Even though they might offer some "good things", they aren't what you want or need at the present time.
    BEWARE of these types of organization.
    (I would quiz them until they tell you the difference between them and a temp organization and also why a company such as theirs would benefit from what they have to offer. I am sure you can come back with reasons why it won't work for you.)
    E Wart
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 09-28-05 AT 10:16AM (CST)[/font][br][br]I'll give you the best tool to fight off temp/staffing services. Tell them your current provider bills you at 28% mark-up for light industrial and 32% for business/clerical. If theat doesn't send them running nothing will.

This ploy has worked flawlessly for me with only one exception. I had a Mom and Pop job shop (oriental gentleman was the owner, salesperson and recruiter) in Atlanta tell me that he would do it for 27% but "no worker's comp, so if people get hurt, you pay".

Gene

Edit: Sorry if I offended anyone, but, it was a direct and phonetically correct quote of the individual.
  • Administaff is a Professional Employer Organization.

They do not do staffing, temporary or permanent. They will handle payroll (and all tax reporting and W2's), employee benefits, WC insurance and some management training.

They are over priced compared to Paychex and don't offer as good of benefits to smaller companies as they do larger companies.

If you need to outsource HR functions, I would recommend other agencies such as Paychex.