CDL A Drivers

I figured I will post this here instead of in Wages and Benefits since it will probably get more hits.

For those of you who employ CDL Class A drivers, what does your comp structure look like? Do your drivers drive locally, regionally or nationally and how does that affect comp? Please share as much as possible. You can reply here or you can email me at [email]greyna@taylorfarms.com[/email]

Thanks,

Gene

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Since we are not in the trucking business, we do not employ drivers. However, in a past life, another company I was with had between 2500 and 3000 class A drivers with Hazmat endorsement.

Your question might better be answered by looking at the different pay plans in effect for teams, OTR vs local, regional runs, delivery drivers, endorsements required, etc.

I think you can get a very fair representation of all of these by looking at the classified ads. All the major trucking firms list their pay and benefits and describe the openings by type of run.

Additionally, every trucking firm has a phone bank of recruiters who answer calls all day long. You can call any of them and pretend to be a driver and get a complete run down of everything they offer and require. Be prepared to be exposed, though, if you cannot answer a few questions. But, knowing you as I do, being 'exposed' is nothing new. Good luck Amigo.