Diversity

Does anyone have training materials on diversity. We have a plant that needs some help and I could use some help getting started. Can someone send me something or point me somewhere?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Have you had any luck finding diversity training? It seems to me that a while ago there was something available from the HR Edge. Try emailing Margaret Morford. She probably has something. Come to think of it, I would be interested too.

• There are so many good tools out there. Just plug in diversity and hit search and you will get more than you want.

I have used a Kantola Productions video, Valuing Divesity at the Interpersonal Level ([url]www.kantola.com[/url]) 415-381-9363. Do also factor in games (try Games that Drive Change by Carolyn Nilson, published by McGraw-Hill, Inc.)and time for audience feedback as the give and take is quite important in diversity training (you maintain control please).

Have done many diversity trainings for workplace and small clubs and such. Try to tailor it to the anticipated audience and keep it relaxed and focused. The trainer needs to be prepared with definitions and facts -- so the group doesn't wonder off with crazy talk (LOL).

I have a training scheduled this year and am going to broaden it out a bit by using the "Blue Eyes, Brown Eyes" film and workbooks. I'm a little apprehensive but believe our company is now ready for it.

Visit [url]www.diversityinc.com[/url] and sign up for the newsletter, you will get some ideas from it as well as referrals to other sources.

• I recently contacted our state Department of Labor and Industrial Relations. Missouri has a diversity training program in place that includes race, age, gender, and all the other protected categories, and they're willing to tailor the training to the employer's specific needs/request. Not sure if there is a charge, as the trainer has historical connections to our agency and has agreed to do the training for free. I'd suggest visiting with your state's DoL.