suggestions for job titles-- need your help!

Hi everyone:

I need your help! We're reviewing the job titles for a couple of positions in our Communications Dept. I would greatly appreciate it if some of you who have similar positions in your organizations would share with me what job titles your organization puts on these positions. We are a trade association representing federal credit unions. Brief descriptions of the 2 positions are:

(1) Individual serves as the managing editor of our flagship glossy magazine. Duties include soliciting/planning articles submitted by various outside authors, editing of all magazine content, coordinating w/ printer for timely printing and mailing of each issue, writing some content, working w/ outside vendor on design and layout, etc.

(2) Individual serves as editor and primary author of a weekly newsletter, writing much of the content, editing all content, soliciting pieces from other internal contributors for the newsletter, layout of the copy, and timely printing/mailing/e-mail distribution of one issue per week. Position is also responsible for editing of the CONTENT of our website-- but this is content only, person has no technical role in maintaining the website (we have another position which is responsible for all technical aspects).

What titles would your organization assign to these positions?

In advance, many thanks to any of you who are able to offer suggestions!

Best regards,
Scott

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Okay, I'll take a shot at it, even though I'm with a local government. Ha - that's scary: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you." I'd keep it simple. Anyway, how about -

1. Managing Editor, Magazine
    2. Editor, Newsletter

If they have rank, add Roman numerals I, II, etc. to come up with Managing Editor II, for example. I'm not sure if I would add 'magazine' or 'newsletter' to the titles, but would probably include the department in the job description.

• Managing Editor, XXXXXX (Name of the glossy)

Editor & Senior Author,XXXXX (name of weekly)

PORK

Just makes smart HOG sense to me.