AAP Software

The company I was using to assist with our AAP went south. I was thinking of bringing it in-house (and may be asking for headaches). Can anyone that currently does in-house recommend software that can be purchased reasonably to assist with this monster? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I do ours in house and use Microsoft Access to keep track of my employees. I also use an outside consultant to work up the Availability Factor numbers for me since that isn't something I want to get involved with. She was also very helpful during our recent audit. I've been doing this myself for 15 years and it hasn't been a problem. A big pain but not a problem.
  • Since I'm Access illiterate, I use Microsoft Excel. The Census website has the availability data and I found it rather easy to work with (as easy as the Census site gets, anyway).

[url]http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/eeoindex/eeoindex.html[/url]

Then click on Access to 2000 EEO Occupation Data in the middle box

Then the highlighted On-line Access to the EEO Data Tool

Then I choose Employment by EEO-1 Job Categories AND Residence: data based on where people live

Then I use Counties in (and select your state)

Select your county(ies) - hold down control and click to select multiple counties

And I think from there on out, it's pretty clear. We're just not big enough to justify paying someone else to do it, and once I got it set up, it has not required much except data entry.
  • Thank you. I am also Microsoft Access illiterate.
  • Just a comment about the census data referenced by HR Calico. I used that site for a plan that I worked on a couple of months ago. I think that the site is very good if you have a small company where you can get by using EEO-1 job groups. I don't think that the site would be sufficient for large companies where job groups are defined in a much more job specific way. The site also doesn't really satisfy the factor analysis process since you just get a final availability figure. I'm betting that will be sufficient for a small company but will find out if an audit occurs.