EEO-1 Report Question

Hi everyone...I am new to this site. I have been reading and find the postings to be very helpful. I need some specific help and would appreciate any input! Our co. recently purchased another co. so we went from 42 employees up to 100 over night. Almost immediately some of the aquired employees started leaving. Then we had a layoff at another worksite because we lost a service contract. Now we only have 61 employees and do not expect to go back up to 100. Do I still need to complete the EEO-1 because of the short time we had 100 ee's?
Thanks,
MM-TX

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Be mindful that the 100 employee requirement is not the only threshhold you should consider. Attached link will help you ...........

[url]http://www.eeoc.gov/stats/jobpat/e1instruct.html[/url]
  • I would not fool with it if I were you. I don't see a time window in the regs stating how long you had to be at the 100 figure, but I think it would cause you more burden to start the process, then stop it, then explain why you did that.

I scanned the regs quickly and would have thought they would contain something like "100 or more employees during a 6 consecutive month period", but if it's there I failed to spot it.

Disclaimer: This message is not intended to offend or attack. It is posted as personal opinion. If you find yourself offended or uncomfortable, email me and let me know why.
  • That is was I was thinking because I couldn't find anything on a regulated time frame. Do you know if I would have to register to do the report or if the gov. would automatically send something?
    Thanks for your response!
  • I automatically received an e-mail from them since I report yearly. The report is due by 9/30/05. The website they included in my e-mail for online filing is [url]http://www.eeoc.gov/eeo1survey[/url]. You do need a password to file online. Good luck.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-28-05 AT 11:50AM (CST)[/font][br][br]You won't hear from them (unless you initiate contact or start reporting, then stop). If you were to start the report process you could go online and get the info from EEOC and do the reporting online annually. First time reporting and those who don't report are either not high priority at EEOC or there is no good mechanism for them to manage it. The way they perpetuate themselves and guarantee their jobs is through the complaint system and serving as 'free' government lawyers for anybody who has a gripe.

The EEO-1 or 100 is chiefly just an irritant to employers who either have 100 employees or are government contractors/subcontractors. If you ever have a chance NOT to be one of those, take it.

• I couldn't agree with you more Don. I would definitely fly under the radar if at all possible.
  • I believe you go by your employment numbers as of the date of the report, but since I'm not at work I can't refer to my previous year's reports to confirm. I have to report employment figures annually to several agencies and it is always as of a specific date, not the highest or lowest.
  • If that were the case, Ray, it would be too easy to manage your employment level to 99 by report day and stay forever off the radar.

Disclaimer: This message is not intended to offend or attack. It is posted as personal opinion. If you find yourself offended or uncomfortable, email me and let me know why.
  • We had a similar situation a few years back.
    we wrote a letter to the Joint Reporting Committee explaining the change in the staffing.

Their letter indicated to complete section C and G of the EEO-1 form and return to the Joint REporting Committee if you no longer meet the filing requirements so they can correct their files and so you will no longer teceive notices.

When our employee count again reached over 100 employees we began completing the forms again

If in doubt give them a call I found them to be very helpful