Anyone use Fidelity for payroll?

We just recently switched our 401(k) plan to Fidelity direct. They told us they also provide payroll services. Does anyone use Fidelity for payroll? What are your thoughts on their payroll services?

Thanks.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have no direct experience with Fidelity.

I have the luxury of abhorring payroll services. As a small company, I dislike the crimp it puts in our control and flexibility.

I have a number of custom reports that we run - these all cost extra from most service bureaus, if they can even run them, and turnaround takes a bit of time, although the time factors are getting smaller all the time.

I also dislike the necessity to run special download interfaces to force the accounting information from the service bureau into our general ledger.

Some of these places do have some great add-on features and can provide websties for EEs to get questions answered and up-to-date information regarding all their benefits.
  • Our 401(k) has been with Fidelity for almost 5 years now and they are WONDERFUL.
    I received a call from them regarding their payroll product. I would seriously consider using them, except for several facts (we have some strange ways of downloading our payroll that we don't pay Ceridian for and would get more expensive if we change and we just paid for an upgrade with Ceridian and I just hate having to go through transfers of payroll.... I have done before and would NEVER do this except at the end of a calendar year.)
    Fidelity has been processing their own employees' checks as well as Bank of America employees for several years now so must have all the kinks out. I feel that they look at this as a service to their clients more than a SELL SELL SELL.
    If you do go with them, I hope you will provide us with feedback. I would love to hear how they do.
    E Wart