Team Building Statistics

Does anyone have or know of any statistics that relate to team building exercises?

Unfortunetly, I am unable to expand on my question due to the fact that one of my officers came out of a meeting and blurted the question to me and asked if I can find something.

Thank you!!!

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • That's a pretty fluffy thing to chart. You could chart something like how many/what percent have attended training or something. If you can, go back to the person making the request and find out what they really want to know. They may just be describing it incorrectly.
  • No more question 4 U 1 Year! You ain't gettin' away with that one! Surely you aren't so intimidated by the guy that you can't ask him to clarify his request. Otherwise, all you'll get from us is triple the fluff you got from him. Chances are he had no idea what he was asking for and won't know what to do with any results you might be able to give him in the first place.

But, here's the statistic I'll provide for your list: 100% of all consultants available at any given time will be glad to sit down with you and present a proposal for a team building exercise ranging from $200 to $200,000.00 and will guarantee the results the company signals it wants.

Disclaimer: This message is not intended to offend or attack. It is posted as personal opinion. If you find yourself offended or uncomfortable, email me and let me know why.
  • I like to think this stuff through to something measurable. Team building itself is a fluffy, nebulous kind of concept.

In sports, you can see statistics improving that eventually lead to wins - passes, rebounds, double-plays, whatever you are measuring. Eventually just look at the scoreboard and the wins and losses columns to see how your team is doing.

So translate that to business. What parts of your business do you measure? If you are in the for profit world, the bottom line should see improvement, but also the stats along the way. Such as improved production, more widgets per hour or day or whatever cycle you measure. Higher quality production would lead to fewer customer service complaints.

Customer service teamwork goals may lead to quicker resolution, more satisfied customers, etc.

But to just come out and say, "help me measure teamwork" and what you will get from me is a discussion about what you are trying to improve.

A Wog (wise old gentleman) once told me that not everything that should be measured can be measured, and not everything that can be measured should be measured."

Figure out where you are trying to go and what are the benchmarks along the way that would indicate you are getting there.
  • Don, I told him that statistics probably aren't out there - but I told him I would check with everyone here. And believe me...I may be small but I'm mighty! And don't get intimidated by people.

Can I Puhleeze ask more questions?....(oops,just did) ;;)

Anyways, I printed off your responses and showed him that I was right regarding this.

Thanks everyone! I hope you all have a great weekend! Say a prayer that the hurricane won't hit the Tampa area!
  • OMG! You showed him the comment about him not knowing what he was asking for and not knowing what to do with the answer?

No raise 4 U 2 Yr!

Disclaimer: This message is not intended to offend or attack. It is posted as personal opinion. If you find yourself offended or uncomfortable, email me and let me know why.
  • Believe me - he laughed at the comment - the only person that gets "offended" (I hated that word) is our speedo wearing manager. x:D
  • Now that's a picture I don't want to see, ----but wonder how you did?
  • Marc, it was not a pretty site! And as Elaine said in one of the Seinfeld episodes. "I don't know how you guys walk around with those things!"

I don't know who invented the "speedo" but they did not ask a woman first on what they thought!