Management vs. staff-Different benefits??

Do any of you provide different benefits for management than what staff receives? For instance management gets more life insurance, medical leave, vacation, sick or personal leave, etc. than staff (or union)?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Exempt personnel receive an extra week of vacation. If someone's length of service would put them in the 3 week vacation category and they are in an exempt position, they receive 4 weeks of vacation.

Truthfully, I don't think they consider it much of a perk since most of them have problems using their time before it's lost.
  • Two differences. Exempt ee's receive unlimited personal time, nonexempt ee's receive 3 days per year. Directors and above do not have to pay the health insurance deductions that those below them have to pay.
  • In our medical facility, directors and above get an extra five days over and above what is published for staff employees. Also, extra life insurance as well as paid medical/dental benefits.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 06-24-05 AT 12:21PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Only difference is that staff (exempt) get more life insurance. It is free to everyone, but once you exceed a certain amount, it has to be shown as wages (then it is removed) and you are taxed on the amount. So we have t pay a "perk tax."

Edit:
    Forgot one other thing. Hourly get either one week (after one year of service, pro-rated prior to that time as long as through the probationary period) or two weeks of salary (after three years) for a Holiday Bonus, depending on length of service. Weekly staff get two weeks after the first year. Monthly staff get one month paid after a full year. Staff also received two weeks of vacation after one year (pro-rated prior to that) while hourly do not earn vacation until they complete a year (full-time).
  • It is fairly common to have differences in benefits, similar to what has been posted. Where I hang out, there is a Managers Leave, an extra two weeks time off to compensate for extra hours. I expect that most don't work extra hours.