Outplacement Service

Can anyone in the Greater Metro Atlanta area recommend a good outplacement service provider? I am interested in offering this service to a mid-level manager whose position we eliminated.

If anyone has experience with a national service I would be interested as well.

You can post or emial me directly at [email]greyna@taylorfarms.com[/email]

Thanks!

Gene

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Gene, since it's one person, would your schedule permit you to assist him? You could help him update his resume using his job description and adding a page of major accomplishments. Based on your referral policy, maybe a letter could help. Does the employee know how to use Job Services or go on-line to Career Builder or other job boards? Those are a few non-time-consuming things you could help with.

Just a few ideas.
  • GeNe: Try this: Spherion Human Capital Consulting, Two Stamford Landing, Suite 100, Stamford, CT 06902. Tel 203-353-1000, Fax 203-353-1809. Margaret Fitzpatrick is Consulting Services Director and Kathy Blanton is Managing Consultant. Margaret's number is above and her email is [email]margaretfitzpatrick@spherion.com[/email]; and, Kathy's number is 615-370-9300, extension 28.

They do work nationally and call themselves Workforce Architects. We contractd a six month program for an IT guy we were downsizing last year. Package deal was $7K including two face to face counseling sessions with a professional placement counselor, intensive Career/Life Planning Assessment, Job Search coaching, Job Search technology and research and a few other bells and whistles.

The package can be built to suit your needs and budget and certainly doesn't have to approximate the cost of ours.

GoOd LuCk.
  • I like Sam's idea. Quite frankly though, we're also trying to hurry this guy out the door. Don's idea is also a good one. That's about what I was looking at in terms of cost, so it's right up my alley.

Thanks!

gEnE
  • If I were trying to 'hurry a guy out the door' I'll be damned if I'd spend 500 bucks on outplacement. Outplacement has zero value as a defense to termination.
  • His position is being eliminated. There is a severance in exchange for a release and covenant not to sue (ADEA). I just don't want him hanging around any longer than necessary.
  • hEy GuYS! The Better question would be, Can he pass the lEgAL RiGHt to WoRk test? That's AlL that is ReQUireD.