I-9 ON-LINE VERIFICATION UP-DATE # 3

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 12:47PM (CST)[/font][br][br]FORUM MEMBERS: As promised I'm back with the up-date on the final step in closing out a case with the I-9 ON-LINE VERIFICATION DHS SAVE PROGRAM.

This date, I went into the system in about 45 seconds, even with looking at my cheat sheets.

I clecked onto VIEW CASES with a all case default set-up. I click onto the case number, associated with the employee name, this pulled up the detail page of this case. I became very frustrated at this point because I could not find the location for resolving the case, so I called the customer service 800 number a voice came on and I explained what I was doing, but could not find the "click on button" for resolving a case. She very quickly asked me have you gone to the bottom of the page? My response was yes but I found nothing there to indicate case resolion, she asked me to move my page on the viewer to the far left, which I did and there it was. I click on that button and the next prompt came up for me to identify the category which best fit this case. I clicked on "SELF-TERMINATED". Self-terminated is appropriate for the individual did not return from the DHS with correction of DHS data base information. I printed out the case details and progressive information, start to finish with dates and actions taken with the person's name and signature added before printing copies.

I developed a termination document and went to our copier and made two copies of both documents, one (1) for the I-9 file, (1) for the personnel file, the original went into my working file, in which I am putting copies of my actions and memos between SAVE PROGRAM staff.

The more I exercise the system the better I will become at using the system. 3 out of 3 cases run through the system is not proof that this system is 100% the program to "end all concerns with I-9 creation and verification of the information present by any person, regardless of their NATIONAL ORIGIN".

While it is not the END-ALL for concerns, IT IS FINALLY A PROGRAM AVAILABLE TO ALL HRs EVERYWHERE, IT DOES WORK AND IT WILL GET BETTER AS WE HRs EXERCISE THE SYSTEM AND FIND THE ISSUES FOR THE SAVE STAFF TO CORRECT TO ENHANCE THE PROGRAM.

At least this person and this company has 3 cases that represents the partnership between our government and this employer, as being an example of "getting it right", while following the Federal Law and a DHS MOU and having a document trail that indicates "we followed the correct procedures IAW the I-9 process".

MY LIST OF SUCCESSFUL VERIFICATIONS OF PRESENTED DOCUMENTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE I-9 HIRING AND EMPLOYMENT WILL GROW, CONTINUOUSLY. IT WILL GROW BECAUSE THE WORLD WILL KNOW THAT THIS COMPANY CHECKS THE DATA PRESENTED BY ANY EXPECTING EMPLOYEE. THOSE WITH FALSE DOCUMENTS, REGARDLESS OF WHO THAT INFIVIDUAL MAY BE, WILL NOT COME TO THIS OFFICE SEEKING EMPLOYMENT FOR GREATER THAN 3 DAYS. With that realization our concerns for harboring and protecting false people with employment income is over for this private employer!

I wish you well with your efforts to enroll your company, into this program. I hope it works out well for all of you. The more we enroll the more exercise of the program will accomplish, the more we will find and correct the system flaws.

Pork

As of 5/26/2005, I am now 4 out of 4 100% verified and documented on our hiring activities.

Comments

• 18 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Pork: Please post the website or other address for other forum members to investigate use of this system. Is this the first government initiative to actually save HR professionals time?
    Peyton Irby
    Editor, Mississippi Employment Law Letter
    Watkins Ludlam Winter & Stennis, P.A.
    (601) 949-4810
    [email]pirby@watkinsludlam.com[/email]
  • PEYTON: YES, this program is our government's program to do much more than save HRs time. It does provide detail documentation for the validation of the I-9 information for the protection of the employee, employer, and DHS.

It protects the employer in the litigation surrounding the I-9 and the multitude of data entry and actions that we HRs must do to make sure we are getting it right.

It protects the employee, the individual, who has bad data in the data banks of the IRS, SSA, DHS (USCIS), by providing a person with mis-matched information the opportunity to get the data corrected while protecting the individual's right to work while the systems are being purged and replaced with good data.

It protects the professional HR and HR assistants from personal attacks for negliegent hiring practices. The proof is in the documentation.

It saves time because I, a lay person in the computer field, is able to access the system and input the data from the I-9 and have a response "authorized to employ from USCIS" SAVE PROGRAM within seconds. Make copies of all documents, file, and close my actions in minutes.

Before this program, we really had no way to validate anything listed on the I-9. By having no way to validate the I-9 information, I could have employed any one with apparantly good documents for work. Or if I was unprofessional, I could have hired people to do work and fill out the I-9 and log whatever document, I chose in the data spaces. When inspected on site or audited it would have been my defense that the documents looked good, but I did not make a copy of the document, it was not requied by the Law. By having no way to check documents, the illegal foreign national numbers have grown to over 11 million.

We employers now have a checking method!

SAVE PROGRAM: http:uscis.gov/graphs/services/save.htm should get one into the beginning. There is an enrollment process, and a mastery of an on-line test, there is also a MOU to be signed by the appointed employer representative and FAXED back to the program director/staff. Once the user id: and the password is established, one is off and running. It took me about two hours to enroll and master the test.

Thanks for coming on-line and asking!

PORK

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 05-27-05 AT 02:44PM (CST)[/font][br][br]FORUM MEMBERS AND ANYONE ELSE JUST READING THIS IS FOR YOU:

The starting place to get registered is as follows: [url]https://www.vis-dhs.com/EmployerRegistration/RequestParticipation.aspx?AcessMethod=WEB-BP[/url] , I know it is along address but once you get past the address and reach the information and registration page it gets less over powering. Once you get registered and receive your on USER ID and Password you can assign your address to the favorities icon, and you are there and ready to work.

Thanks Peyton for your suggestion!

PORK
    I successfully enrolled one new employee today, so that gives me 5 for 5 as having a completed enrollment with documentation in hand and attached to back of the I-9s on file and ready for a USCIS immigration audit. I have not encounter a single FLAW.
  • PoRK:

Suggestion #1: Why not consider simply updating your original thread on this subject rather than opening up new ones each day.

Suggestion #2: See if James will create an entirely different Forum Venue, maybe titled: PoRk Daily Update.

Suggestion #3: See is you can get a book deal and go into retirement on the proceeds of your novela.
  • It is not my intent to occupy "time and attention" on this matter and the FORUM is a good place to get information out there in front of all that are interested, pretty quickly.

I am about at my end of up-dates, unless something happens that alarms me to get additional information out there across this great nation of ours. My e-mails on this subject are about to over power me and our company computers. I can not concentrate on one company personnel action without my computer gong going off. I have now disabled that and delete the wild messages. I can not spend as much time on the FORUM to read other HR interest because of the interest in this area.

My use of the FORUM has been an effort to get information out there that answers most individual questions. Which is great and saves me alot of time, but then my friends take off on either me or the SAVE program and then I'm going to respond to clear up any damage that might have been done.

PORK
  • Why on earth are you shouting at us? We are not deaf. The more you scream at us, the more hesitant I become. I, for one, remain cautious. Bellowing seems to have become your trademark. Chill out.
  • Ladies and gentlemen, the reason that pOrK chooses to start a new thread every chance he gets is so that perhaps he can shield the public from my dissenting comments and rebuttals to his diatribe.

Once again, proof positive that pOrk only wants you to see things from one perspective and only in the light that he so chooses. Boy, this has all the makings of communist-era propaganda.

Gene
  • RITAANZ: Shouting, who is shouting? The all caps is placed there for a purpose, and when you see them hold something over your ears so that the extreme level of dicabels will not effect you. There are a couple of our FORUM members "hear the shouting" that I do not hear and they get the message to read the words alittle closer.

Sorry, I hope you don't turn away from the message because my ole fingers jump on the all caps button. The message has been for three years very important or I would have gone away along time ago.

Pork is the name and PORK is my game!

This has been a beautiful and Blessed day for this country and our world.

PORK

• "I could have employed any one with apparantly good documents for work. Or if I was unprofessional, I could have hired people to do work and fill out the I-9 and log whatever document, I chose in the data spaces. When inspected on site or audited it would have been my defense that the documents looked good"

PoRk: Does that explain why you did in fact employ illegal aliens and why Mr. Prestage told you to not rock the boat with those you still employ? Or do I have it wrong? Just wondering if you're as 'squeaky' clean as you would have us believe.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 03:59PM (CST)[/font][br][br]LIVINDONSOUTH: Bad summation and conclusion of this thread. Those were laid out for anyone to read and think: "is he writing about ME", "have I done that?" With 11.5 million illegal aliens in our country and at least 50% to 75% of them are working in jobs provided by HR's inability to do much checking at all and therefore, they may or may not be as "squeeky clean" as I am.

I present the facts as I know them to be, you read these words, and make up your own mind to accept my words and move together with me to a betterment of our HR World of Work, or stand on the side lines like TN HR has declared he would do!

It is my hope and dream that every employer will get this system on-board and start operating the system for 100% of all new hires from the date forward. If we HRs jump on this opportunity given to us by our government, the borders will become, (BECOME for those who have hard hearing)more secure.

A greater picture of the possibilities is imagine putting 11.5 million US Citizens to work because the illegal aliens went home. Until we have checking on-going on the I-9 from Washington, D.C., to Maine, to California, to Florida, and Washington state the current situation will not change. I for one have begun the checking and turning away process of potential falsely identified employees. I have hired 3 verified I-9 employees and turned away one, who could not get his data corrected for whatever reason.

That is a new beginning and it is done with ease.

PORK
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 08:19PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Good report Pork. Hang with it. We'll conquer this stuff before long, hopefully.
  • 'Pork is the name and PORK is my game!'

You're a suave, smooth operator, pOrK. For some odd reason I'm hearing the theme song to "Shaft":

Who's the black private dick
    that's a sex machine to all the chicks?
    pOrK! You're damn right!

Who's the cat that won't cop out
    when there's illegals all about?
    pOrk! Right on!

• I have used Basic pilot for 21/2 years and have never had problems it works and eliminates our liability involved with the hire of illegals
  • PATRICKS: Welcome on board the FORUM and growing membership to SAVE.

Tell me what do we need to do to get the rest of the HR professional world all over the country and especially in the heavy hitting states with Foreign National occupying positions in which they are not authorized to work.

TO: TN HR: Watch closely, for you and a "pissy" attitude will soon be surrounded with belivers and you will have to eat all of your "negative attitude" about this terrific government supported program for all HRS every where. My push is fresh and young with little history, but you are beginning to bring out the members of the FORUM with greater experience and history.

Patrick for no other reason your words are LOUD AND CLEAR, thanks for tuning in and I hope you will tell us more about this SAVE Program. Were there and are their any areas of concern for you in the use of the system? How has it helped you to hire the right people, were there US Citizens available or are there slots vacant because you no longer have illegal aliens at your door?

PORK again welcome!
  • Seriously pOrK, I'm done with you and the this topic for good. God bless you and the SAVE program.

Gene
  • TN HR: A man of true words written (5-30-2005)! It will save a lot of time for all of us if you would just get on the side line and enjoy the ride.

PORK
  • PoRk: Take it off line with your 'pissy attitude' remarks. Is this really the welcome message you want to extend to the new participant? You should know with your years of experience that it's fine to disagree and challenge ideas and methods without this. You're beginning to sound like some of Don D's past-life posts.
  • LIVINDONSOUTH: I did but, but it just got worse! There is no way winning this battle, but in the end, the war will be won. SAVE is not going away.

Sorry, if I offended your eyes with my poetic best for hitting back. Sometimes, I have a "p_____y attitude" and it is easy to recognize, steam comes from my ears and my eyeballs become "bloodshot" and moving to the yellow stage. The left little finger punches at the 'all cap' button and it misses making my attitude even more heated. Truth be known, I am harmless, but hard to persuade otherwise. I love the HR world and it bothers me...oh well that is another story.

PORK