personal liability

can someone give me a citation that would impose personal liability on a supervisor who engaged in sexual harassment? thanks.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Are you talking about a supervisor as perpetrator or a supervisor who knew and did nothing or condoned?
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 03-29-05 AT 01:09PM (CST)[/font][br][br][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 03-29-05 AT 01:07 PM (CST)[/font]

I think we also need to know if the supervisor is alleged to have engaged in quid pro quo harassment or alleged to have created a hostile environment based on sex, if they are the perp. In my opinion, based on the scenario, the extent of liability could be different. Also, is the supervisor accused of assault or battery?
  • the supervisor is an owner and is the perpetrator of the harassment.
  • PICKS: And what is your role in this issue? What is your standing with the owner/perpretator? Do you have the liberty of discussing this situation with him in an open forum or in any capacity to educate him as to the company and his personal liability?

As an owner/perpretator there would most likely be no question of his liability, but what do you do with the information that you maight learn from this group of HR professionals?

PORK
  • Sorry I can't give you a cite, but unless you're trying to single out one of the owners for personal liability, an award would certainly hit him/her in the checkbook. As an owner, his/her actions will be deemed to be those of the company, and strict liability will be applied. The award will come out of the company's finances, which means a part of it will come from this owner's bottom line. The other owners should be quick to put a stop to this type of behavior.