Summary of Labor Contract Settlements

I would like to maintain a better handle on labor contract settlements. Is anyone aware of a publication that summarizes labor contract settlements, on such things as wages, key benefit changes etc.?

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I don't understand the question. Are you talking about the results of negotiations as contracts expire? Or settlements as a result of contract disputes?
  • morrisg,

Sometimes labor unions themselves can be the best source for that type of information. Like Don, I not sure what you are looking to do. If you are trying to familiarize yourself with other recently negotiated labor agreements with similarly-situated employers such as yourself for comparative purposes or in preparation for future negotiations, then you might want to consider perusing the internet for organized labor websites that cater to the type of skilled labor that you employ. You’d be surprised what you can find on those sites.

Geno
  • I think I know what you're after but I don't think it exists. Your best bet for that kind of information is to form a relationship with other unionized employers in your area and share information (legally of course.)

Good luck.

• Settlements of anything are generally hard to report, because the parties don't have to reveal the details and usually don't have motivation to do so.

Brad Forrister
    VP/Content
    M. Lee Smith Publishers