Regulatory Reporting

We are a small employer (91 associates)in the wholesale beverage distribution business. One of our managers seems to think that if we reach 100 associates we will subject to regular OSHA visits. I have never heard of this. I do know that we would have to start filing an EEO-1 report, but I think that is the only change. We are not a government contractor so we would not be required to file an Affirmative Action Plan or a Vets-100 report. At least that is what I think. Am I correct?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • OSHA can 'come-a-knockin' any time they wish. Reaching 100 employees does not magically issue them a key. You're right about the Vets 100 and AAP.

By the way, JJ Keller is one of the best at sending out safety bulletins and tips and info on OSHA related things. You can get on their emailing list by going into jjkeller.com or googling jj keller & associates. A lot of their stuff is free, although their aim is to get you to purchase various products and training. They will provide you with a regular stream of safety tips and suggestions on how to avoid or prepare for things like OSHA visits.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 02-11-05 AT 09:33AM (CST)[/font][br][br]At my last job the owner felt safe from OSHA inspections because we were located in rural NC and employeed less than 50 employees. What a surprise when OSHA showed up at our door. Luckily I had a taken steps on my own to see that we were OSHA compliant. We did get a small fine of $150.00 for a violation in the production area. SafetyInfo.Com is a good website with lots of freebies. I subscribe to the member area and found it to be well worth the money. They have some very good training programs availabe that are included in annual subscription fee.

Cherrye