starting up a new office

I really don't even know how to address this so I may not fully explain myself. Our corporate office is located in Florida (our only office) We have an excellent manager that is moving back to New York and we really hate to see her go. I just received an email from one of the officers stating that we may open an office where she will be moving to. I have never opened up an office in another state so I haven't the slightest clue as to things I should check into and/or ensure that I have addressed. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I hope your day is going well!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We just recently started a plant in NY. High WC costs, high insurance costs, high taxes, high transportation costs, high building costs, unions, cost of living through the roof. At times I feel like we're scraping the bottom of the barrel to get people in the door. I would never consciously open a business in NY state. I think your crazy to do so. The only state that is worse to start a business in is California, but I think NY is doing it's best to catch up.

Otherwise it's a great place. x:D
  • >The only state
    >that is worse to start a business in is
    >California, but I think NY is doing it's best to
    >catch up.
    >
    >Otherwise it's a great place. x:D

If you've ever been to Albany, you'd know there is no way we can catch up with California. (But, the legislators, when they meet, will keep trying). x:D

• Our plant is in Poughkeepsie. It's actually one of my favorite plants to travel to. Good places to eat, hotel is not bad. Easy to get in from Stewart airport. Boy, is it a bxxch to deal with, though.
  • How much of this opening is your responsibility? It's a different picture if you are finding the actual office or taking care of the HR related items.