Gotta vent! Gotta vent!

I think my head is going to explode! Get this
- I was directed to construct a policy and procedures manual. I arranged a very brief meeting for this morning to describe the manual, its purpose, etc., and what I needed from the attendees. I caught more s**t than you'd believe! One "lady" actually had the nerve to say, "What motivation have I got to do this except to keep my *#&@^#))! job?!" How about your paycheck, Sunshine?! and what kills me is that this chick is the highest paid woman in the company - a data entry clerk with only two years more seniority than I and a monstrous attitude. Aaarrrggghh! I guess what gets me the most is that HR has absolutely no autonomy or authority at all, not even to discipline in that kind of situation. I wanted to go to her supervisor, but she beat me to his office and was in there screaming about how she deserved a raise and didn't need any more of this b*llsh*t! It is becoming more and more obvious that this company is utterly lacking in discipline and professionalism and is prematurely aging me. Unfortunately for me, I like it and most of the people, but I wonder now if it isn't past time to bail. Anybody hiring? ;) Thanks for letting me vent. Aaaaahhhh - time for Advil, then it's off to school. Fourth class out of five to get my certificate in HR. Then it'll be time for a beer...Linda

Comments