in-house drug test pros/cons

Forgive me if this is out there twice, posted earlier but don't see it. We are considering in-house dts and would like to know if anyone does them and if you recommend or have had problems with them. Thank you in advance.
Sandie

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We have a technician from a local medical care provider come once a month to perform random screens. We are 25 miles from the closest facility, so it cuts down on wasted ee travel time. We use the ladies room adjacent to the cafeteria since it has a table and suits the tech's needs. Works fine for us.
  • Thank you Ray, and guess I should have been more detailed. We were thinking of doing the salivia test that WE would administer. My thought are to stay away from anything we do ourselves and either as you have or send out to have 3rd party do test not us, but I am not the one to make the decision. Thanks again.
  • I would recommend that you do not self-test. We have an occupational clinic conduct screens on-site and an independent lab performs the analyses. I send them all EE's names and they randomly select the required number of EE's for testing. This eliminates any question of unfairness in selecting EE's for testing. They also maintain the proper chain of control on all specimans.

Our Company pretty much stays out of the way. We become involved only when there is a positive result and disciplinary action is required.

Good Luck

• I agree with qsausagelm - exactly how we do it. There was a thread earlier this summer about self testing pros and cons.