EEOC Settlement Agreement

Does anyone have some terminology they recommend including in settlement agreements?

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Welcome to the Forum!

Not to sound like a smart a**, however, I suggest that any terminology you plan to use in an EEOC settlement agreement come from someone with the title of Esquire or Attorney at Law.

Now, having said that, The Don (a fine gentleman from MS) and regular Forumite provided me with a tremendous amount of help in preparing an EEOC position statement. However, I still utilized our retained counsel for legal review.

Good luck.

Gene

• STRATFORD:Likewise, welcome to the forum. I concur with TN HR and I am sure my neighbor Don would also press the same; however, tell us more about your case. Why have you chosen to jump right into the forum lookiing for settlement guidance. Has it come to pass that your case is not winable on its own merit? Are you seeking a comprimize position? Settlement only comes when EEOC is convienced that your position is pretty strong and defendable and there is no room for ee comprimize and win. If your case is weak, they will bulldoze your company and take your case to court for a clear win for the employee.

PORK
  • Yikes, EEOC gives me the hives. I just went through a mediation with them 2 months back. We won and I have the terminology in the settlement they sent me, I can share it with you (leave out names etc) if you like-Then, take it to a lawyer!
  • The EEOC was gracious enough to "randomly" select us for a Compliance Review 2 1/2 to 3 years ago. It took nearly two years and many dollars spent on Mr./Ms. Esquire to finally put that event to bed. I can only imagine what it would have been like if we had been doing something/anything wrong. Being a small employer we did not have the HR/DP systems to just push a botton and all this wonderful information just prints out by itself.
    Good luck,
    Dutch2
  • The support from other Forum participants is wonderful. Thanks to everyone.