Labor Law Postings

I know there have been posts about having the correct labor law posters in the workplace and updating them when appropriate, but has anyone out there ever actually been fined for having an out of date poster or not having the correct posters? Who enforces it? How does enforcement happen?

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have been asked during several government audits to show the auditor/investigator certain posters. Typically, a DOL staffer investigating an FMLA complaint will always want to see your required FMLA poster and will also view your others. I've been through that three times. I've also been asked during a Wage-Hour review to show them each location of our 5 in 1 poster. EEOC occasionally wants to see your poster display area once you cordially invite them onto the property. Wherever I've worked, we always had them in place so I don't know about fines. So, it may be safe to assume they only look for them when they're already there for another purpose. I don't think there's a poster-police as such. But, who knows?...they're still rearranging Homeland Security.
  • We just received the ad to purchase the $50 or $60 "five-in-one" poster . . . I print posters for free off NE's Workforce Development web site. It looks like the KS Dept of Labor has something similar, or at least you can write to request posters. Does anybody know if the fed posters changed? I haven't heard anything.