Summary of HR Laws

Is anyone aware of someone that publishes a summary description list of key legal matters that HR must deal with? For example, fair employment practices, FMLA ADA, wage and hour laws.

I teach a group of college student at The University of Alabama and it would be helpful if I could provide them with a summary since for reference

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • BLR, Business & Legal Reports publishes for sale a comprehensive and very, very useful manual of federal and state specific labor laws. It's pricey by some standards but is updated regularly throughout the year and is always reliable. It's not online, naturally, as they couldn't make a profit if it were. Perhaps your library could purchase one. Looking back at your post I see you teach at Alabama. They could swing the minimal cost. (GO DAWGS!!)
  • I also subscribe to BLR Business & Legal Reports and find it very valuable. It's my #1 resource.
    GO BLUE!
  • We offer a variety of great products that might fit your needs. Off the top of my head, it sounds like Quicklist might be a winner. You can browse our library online, or you can call us at 800/274-6774 and one of our wonderful customer service representatives can help guide you to what you need.

Anne Williams
    Attorney Editor
    M. Lee Smith Publishers, LLC
  • Pardon the self-promotion - our firm publishes the Alabama Employer's Desk Manual which summarizes all state and federal laws applicable to Alabama employers. A newly updated version of the manual is due out very shortly. If you are interested, you can contact Steve Brandon, [email]sbrandon@lmpv.com[/email] or (205) 323-8221.

Al Vreeland
    Editor, Alabama Employment Law Letter
    Lehr Middlebrooks Price & Vreeland, P.C.