EEO Report

Well.... it is that time of year again... time to fill out the ole EEO report. I have a quick question. We have recetnly hired a retired Bank Examiner that is originally from the country of Iran. This is the first time we have employed anyone from that geographic area and I am unsure just how to classify him. Just shooting from the hip, I would say "Asian or Pacific Islander", but it is just a guess. May I ask how some of you classify ee's from Iran or this geogrpahic area?
Thank you,
Dutch2

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Sorry to be a bother, I have since found the following within the instructions for completing the form.
    "White: (Not of Hispanic origin) - All persons having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, North Africa, or the Middle East."
    "Black: (Not of Hispanic origin) - All persons having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa.
    "Hispanic: All persons on Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Central or South America, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race."
    "Asian or Pacific Islander: All persons having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, South East Asia, the Indian Subcontient, or the Pacific Islands. This area includes, for example, China, India, Japan, Korea, the Phillippine Islands, and Samoa."
    "American Indian or Alaskan Native: All persons having origins in any of the original peoples of North America, and who maintain cultural idnetification through tribal affiliation or community recognition.
    Remember they are the Government and they are only trying to help us.
    Thanks,
    Dutch2