Resume Software

I work for a consulting firm with over 160 people. Our hiring is such that I am overwhelmed with the volume of resumes I receive.

Does anyone here use resume software?

If so, what off the shelf software do you recommend?

How accurate are they in terms of "reading" resumes and attachments?

What volume of resumes are needed to justify the purchase and use of such software?

Thank you in advance for your help and advice!!!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I recently read an article that was writen for the job seeker concerning this type of software. The object of the piece was to give information and instruction to circumvent the purpose of the software.

It will not take long for the aspirant to figure this out.
  • Your regional unemployment office probably uses a software as you describe. They deal with such volume. The software pulls 'key' words and phrases from the on-line application or the resume and directs them to jobs for which they may qualify. I've never looked into a software like it. I still use the good old 'read-and-yellow-highlight' then 'sort-to-the-department' method. Time consuming, but pretty keen.
  • We use a web-hosted service, JobPoint, to collect applications and EEO data. We do not allow resume attachments and opted out of that internally due to the rampant viruses, and it is a very expensive process to write the software for scanning (or to purchase it from a web-host). The system allows for cut and paste of some resume data, and it is the only way we will accept applications/resumes. Now, we just point all inquiries to our web site, which has a direct link to the application site under our logo. If applicants walk in, our receptionist hands them a letter that thanks them for stopping by but if they are interested, here's the process. I used to track resumes manually and I'll never go back!
  • Thanks to all for writing. I would have thought that there would be a number of people here using software to collect and sort resumes e-mailed to them. I thought I was the last person climbing aboard this technology!

If anyone else has experience with this, I would sure like to hear your experience. Thanks!

HR JIM