Unusual Call at Work/What to do?

This morning I received a call from a person who has not worked here stating she referred a person for a job and she didn't think it was fair that they received a job and she didn't. The person on the phone could hardly form a sentence.She didn't tellme her name. I had to ask for it and then I had to ask for her last name. I asked what job she was talking about. She said in shipping. We have temps in our distrubtion area and most of our jobs in this department we try out first with an agency. I told her we didn't have any openings and all of these jobs go thru an agency so I didn't know what she was talking about. She kept saying she didn't think it was fair. Finally, I told her this is a moot discussion as I don't know her and we don't have any openings. Then she says she didn't think it was fair that you had to sleep w/ a manager to get a job. This caught me totally offguard as I stated we go thru a temp agency and most of the time for packers, etc we don't even interview. She then hung up.

Like I said, we don't even have a person here by the name given to me. Am I missing something or should have listened more to a person who doesn't even work here or we have interviewed?

Sorry for the long post.

Comments