Looking for a good software program.

I am currently in the market for am HRIS. Are there any that some of you would recommend? I am in the Banking industry.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • This is a tough question. Proceed with caution, you are walking into a minefield. My advice is to hire an IT consultant with good credentials who has done this in the past and within your industry. Try to get references through your HR network. At minimum, you need to take three major considerations:

-Purpose. Do you need a full service HRIS complete with payroll capapbility, hours and labor tracking, etc, etc.?

-Scalability. Will your organization grow? More importantly, will the software you buy now be able to grow with you. Something else to consider is interoperability and/or compatibility with existing IT infrastructure.

-Budget. AHA! Off-the-shelf, custom-developed, highly scalable, basic, all of this will play into the final price tag. Beware of too-good-to-be-true low prices up-front. Usually, the software will be a barebones package which will require you to purchase "modules" as you require more features.

Make sure you have your IT department thouroughly check for possible compatibility issues within your current infrastructure. Particularly in your industry since your security requirements often means you have legacy or proprietary systems in place.

I hope this helps. Sorry for rambling. I happened to have learned from past experiences in this :)

Gene