performance reviews

We just finished conducting PR for our employees. We do this on a yearly basis. My position is that performance reviews should be going on on a daily basis if there is an environment of open communication and two way feedback between employee and supervisor. This eliminates "surprises" when PR time comes around. I'd like to provide supervisors (at 6 months) with a checklist to use to help them focus on whether or not the ee is meeting requirements and objectives. Once the PR period is over, everyone seems to forget Does anyone have such a system and could you give me some ideas? Thanks

Carol

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Carol,

Why don't you just have your manager's conduct performance appraisals according the ee's anniversary date? That way they are done consistently throughout the year with all your employees. I also feel that this gives the ee a more personal touch from their manager versus spitting out all the reviews in a certain time period.

Good luck!
  • I don't have a checklist, per se.

The way we conduct reviews is this:
    Anything that needs to be addressed is immediately, it doesn't wait for the next review. This applies to good and bad. There will never be any bad surprised in the review.
  • I would use your current reviews as the basis for your checklist. I could give you things, but if it's not what your yearly PR's are looking at it is useless. If your current reviews don't give you that guidance, you may need to review your reviews.