What kind of training????????

What type of safety training other than the standard Bloodborne Path, HAZCOM, Lockout/Tagout, Evacuation and Fire Safety do you all do? We have a general manufacturing environment and specifically, we injection mold and blow mold PET. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • >What type of safety training other than the
    >standard Bloodborne Path, HAZCOM,
    >Lockout/Tagout, Evacuation and Fire Safety do
    >you all do? We have a general manufacturing
    >environment and specifically, we injection mold
    >and blow mold PET. Thanks in advance.

forklift safety, personal protective equipment, confined spaces, hotworks permitting, defibrillator and cpr, crane safety and inspection, power failure safety measures, respirator fit....and a few others. Also mgf environment.
  • We are going to try to get our remote plants to do the "annual training" themselves. We have been going to the plants for a week and training dawn to dusk on BBP, HAZCOM, LOTO, Fire safety, tornado and evacuation, PPE and back safety for a few years now. There is only so much you can do with the annual training requirements and I feel like we have it as useful as it's going to get. I want to spend that week doing more specific training. We have prepared step by step training modules that they can use. Now I just have to go to IL on Monday to convince them that it is in their best interest to use those modules.
  • Avoiding Trips, Slips and falls
    Ladder safety
    Back Safety
    PPE
    Dealing with stress

Some others but they are more specific to our area/business ie Heat Stress and Shoring and Trenching
  • Some good suggestions by sonny and Don. You should include electrical safety for both qualified and non-qualified employeees.
  • In addition to the above topics: Hearing conservation, safe lifting techniques, repetitive strain prevention and Job Safety Analysis training. Any time someone is hurt, we do a Root Cause/JSA review and it helps if the floor people are familiar with the process.

Maybe not pertinent to your environment, but we have lots of people out in vehicles, so we also do training on winter driving, defensive driving, construction zone safety, seat belt use, school bus/zone safety and carbon monoxide poisoning.