Sexual Offenders

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 04-15-04 AT 02:41PM (CST)[/font][br][br]I got my last Employment Law Letter for SD and it talked about getting a sex offender list from your local police department because if you run background checks for the last 7 years and they were convicted before that, it won't show on the background check. I went down to the local police station today and got a list and it showed a current employee on the list (who was convicted within the last 7 years). I pulled the background check and it didn't show on there. I verified the name, SS#, and address and called the verification company to find out why this didn't show. While all this is happening, I received an email from a co-worker of his that he has been following her home and calling her at home. What a coincidence! I'm now waiting for the local police station to call me back regarding information on the sex offender list and the verification company to call me back of why it didn't show on there - then terminate if all information matches up. Heads up that getting access to the sex offender list is important!

Comments