HIPAA of Course! :-s

I understand a posting/notice needs to be in and around the area PHI is maintained.

Does anyone have an example notice of HIPAA to post in the HR department. The one I have seen doesn't apply to us since we also have employees come into our office. It says "Attention" Federal law prohibits unauthorized access or discussion of protected health information. Because activities in this area entail handling of sensitive medical and proprietary information, it is our policy that no unauthoized entry is allowed. - We are looking for another wording...
If you have any ideas, I would appreciate it.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • JULIA: May I suggest that you keep it simple and untangled by, in fact, using the words you have posted. T

here is no greater law than Federal and it most certainly does cover every one in your organiztion, regardless of the fact that the perponderance of the employees are indulging in the handling of person medical information which is stored in your location.

The law is the law and it does not matter whether we handle paper work on HOGS or people. The people information carries a special weight of concern for the protection of the information. The fact that we have a Sow that just delivered 23 piglets is not covered under HIPAA, but the human having 23 babies is a miracle and it must be kept private or else the media will be there like yesterday.

In my state the legislature likes to keep it simple and go with the Federal Law that way they don't have to do much to collect their pay and be re-elected over and over.

PORK