HR Consultant Fees

We occasionally use the services of an HR consultant. If anyone is doing this type of work, what is the current hourly rate of pay for someone doing consulting?

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Never done HR consulting..........really not qualified. Have done safety consulting.$80-$100 per hour. Expert witness double that. Wish I did both more often. Balloon twisting $80.00 an hour.
    My $0.02 worth!
    DJ The Balloonman
  • Heck, sign me up to be a balloon twister!
  • I have booked 3 jobs in the last 2 weeks.......... :-)
    Most fun you can have and get paid............well almost the most fun.
    My $0.02 worth!
    DJ The Balloonman
  • I'm in California, so it's a lot more expensive here, but - if someone hires me by the hour, it's $155/hr if I'm on-site, and $110/hr if I'm answering questions or working for the client at my office.
  • Isn't this a bit like asking, "What's the average temperature in the United States"?
  • I am an HR consultant here in Minneapolis, and we charge $125/hr. Sherrie, feel free to contact me at [email]ddross@hrguidance.com[/email] for more information!
    Denise
  • I operated my own HR, Training & Labor consulting comany for 5 years. I've been working for one of my previous customers for the last 4 years, with the understanding that I still service a few of my previous customers. I'm working to rebuild a customer base and break out on my on again. I've found that I really enjoyed doing my own thing.

Anyway, I regress, I set my conpensation to the needs of the cliant:
    1, I worked both on an hourly rate, which $50.00 per hour, plus expenses;

2, I would negotiate a lower hourly rate if I had a longterm contract of service with the clint;

3, I had a few (4) cliants that had me on a monthly retainer, which committed a certain number of hours in their businesses every month, plus a lower hourly rate for services not covered by our retainer agreement, and unlimited phone responses;

4, All employee training and special projects were based upon an agreed dollar amount. I developed a special trainging program that most of my training cliants perferred, again on a set dollar amount.

5. I did some labor work, through two law firms, and was paid by the law firms at $50.00 per hour, plus expenses.

I hope this information will be helpful.