Employee handbook

I will soon be releasing an updated version of our employee handbook to our employees. If I have any policy changes or in general any changes that I would like to make to the handbook, how would I do so once it has been released?

I will also have the handbook on our staff file for all employees to have access to electronically. Changes electronically are simple but how about with the actual hardcopy?

The disclaimer states that we have the right to modify the handbook and its procedures in any way at any time, etc.

Thanks!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Elle, Try this link. This was discussed a few months ago and was very helpful to me as I want to go the intranet route this year.

[url]http://www.hrhero.com/employersforum/DCForumID14/4355.html[/url]

Anne in Ohio
  • Anne,

Thanks a bunch, it did help!!!!
  • We went online with the handbook about 2 years ago. Highly recommend it. During orientation, individuals are required to acknowledge that they have reviewed all of the company policies. Further, we walk through some of the specific "employment law hot-spot" policies. When policies have been subsequently updated, we once again have employees sign new acknowledgement forms to ensure they review policy changes first hand. Finally, annual HR policy training held in each of the offices is documented in a training database, capturing the attendance of the employee as well as giving them the opportunity to evaluate the training.

#1 thing a consultant shouldn't say: "I could tell you the answer right now, but we're committed to a three month project..." #-o
  • Elle: I recommend you put the "employee handbook" out there for all employees to review and provide you with there questions and recommended changes. I put one in our cafeteria, truck driver waiting room, the foyer, and my assistant's office. The date it went into effect without further review and changes was the end of the ninth day review period. I had copies out at all 15 work sites and as stated above and I got two questions which were easily answered. The new handbook went hot and I've made three administrative changes over the last four years and it has been tested with several hearings and it stood the test so far.

PORK