OK, What am I missing??

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 03-16-04 AT 11:54AM (CST)[/font][br][br]I'll admit that I took a couple of days off, but what am I missing here?
We have employees who are having seizures on the job and we're afraid to talk to them about it (from previous posts)? Are we going to allow them to drive company vehicles? Work in dangerous situations? This is an obvious medical situation which needs to be addressed. Why wouldn't we discuss it with them?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • In our case...we've talked with the ee...but we were cautious because we didn't want to regard her as disabled....but we did want to afford her the availability of FMLA, if she needed it...

I know it can sometimes baffle common sense!!
  • Come on now..... this is HR; a very highly government regulated and litigation happy field. What does common sense have to do with it.
    Good Luck to all of us!!!
    Dutch2
  • I think we in HR tend to manage and administer programs by trying to consider all remote possibilities and build the guidelines around it, rather than being able to apply common sense and develop guidelines geared towards the 95% of employees who understand the intent of the program. Too many of us, me included, try to ensure we are 100% sue-proof and build in devices to account for any possibility that someone will not be happy for some reason. Also, the government never tends to be consistent in how it administers its rules and regulations - so we learn it's better to be safe than sorry.