writing P&P for employee cost obligation

We recently had and individual come to us and request that we sponsor them for an H1B1 to work. We do not have a P& P in place and would like to know how we can put one in place. We expect to have this person commit to at least 1 year or more of employment for the cost we will pay. gc

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I encourage you to not fall for it. Ultimately it will cost upwards of nine thousand dollars from the point where you are today all the way through a green card 3-4 years from now. Secondly, you cannot legally require a person to serve a period of employment in exchange for your sponsoring petition. Third, if you do decide that you have an opening for which this person qualifies and there are no domestic workers available and qualified, seek the partnership of a law firm that specializes in this work. It is a treacherous, long journey of complicated paperwork and recorring costs and complex requirements of multiple agencies. As I have posted before, sponsorship is not like adopting a pet or taking on a charity. I have participated in many of these over the years from the government side of the desk as well as the HR Director's side of the desk.