Disability Insurance for an ee who is still working...

I have an ee who has been given FML paperwork due to medical issue but have not received paperwork back so he is not certified yet.
This ee has been working the whole time with exception to Dr. appts and a day here and there. How would I fill out a Disability Insurance sheet when I do not know what last day worked is, if he worked less than normal schedule, etc.

I am alittle confused receiving this right now.

Plus it's Monday and I haven't had any coffee yet?

Lisa (:|

Any Help please. Or just scream to get me going.

Thanks.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have indicated on the state disability form that 'employee continues to work'. That always generates a call from SDI/EDD and then I would state just what you stated in your post. Let SDI/EDD figure this out and advise you how to proceed.
  • Do you expect the employee to be out on FMLA in the near future? If not, does your disability insurance cover intermittant leave? I cannot think of any other reason to require the disability papers be completed.

You would need the FML paperwork to certify that these absences are indeed FMLA. Otherwise, your attendance policy would rule.
  • At this time we do not offer short or long term disability the form I received is from the state. My question is why would I receive this when the ee is still working a normal schedule with only a minimal amount of time off for medical reasons.

The ee informed me yesterday that he has not done anything with the FML paperwork I gave him approx. 1 1/2 months ago.

Where do I go from here?

Lisa x:-/

• I would indicate on the state form that the employee is currently working and not out on disability.

It looks as if either the employee or his doctor mailed the form to the state, perhaps in error.