SSN & Mismatched names

UP-DATE: This day I was delighted to have two individuals from SSA, who came to our little company in Mississippi to assess the on-line verification system of the: SSN, NAME SPELLING, BIRTHDAY, & GENDER, as we the customer/employer use the system. We spent three quality hours looking at their system and an employer's use of same. They had my data and already knew our usage factor. My record copy allowed me to draw upon every single question they had. "Dandy Don" their information also had the number of times that I attempted to search the name, SSN, Birthday, and GENDER of the one individual that you and I had joint interest in hiring. His search was especially of interest to them. Why did I have a need to check many combinations of the same information. My response was because a friend had recommended this person to me and I thought I had the wrong information or backwards.

They were pleased with the details with our use of the verification sytem. I made a couple of recommended suggestions for enhancement of the system.

They are currently leaning toward the establishment of the system as a "volunteer" verses a "mandatory". Mandatory carries with it natural beliefs of "BIG BROTHER GOVERNMENT" overlooking our ever move; they do not want the employer to feel like you are being told to use this system. Their goal is to have this program rolled out by January 1, 2005. I also ask them to provide a date and time on the printed copy of the verification screen. They showed me were the information was already there down on the bottom within there www. mail information address.

I spoke very highly of this forum and again volunteered to provide notice of this happening.
This system can help to identify qualified people who are working in our country, as well as, the mis-information in the data bases of the DOL,SSN,IRS, INS and HOME LAND SECURITY. THIS SYSTEM HAS ALREADY CLEANED UP OUR PAYROLL AND PERSONNEL SYSTEM. BEST WISHES EVERY ONE!

pork

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 02-19-04 AT 05:03PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Pork - thanks for the info. I had no idea you and Don were so close in proximity. I recently realized Parabeagle works in the very same city as me. Paul in Cannon Beach is not very far away from us either - just a hop, skip, and jump to the coast.
    I have a question though, what does your company do? I've heard/seen others refer to pigs and what not, but I always figured they were teasing you about your screen name. I figured I would finally just ask! x:D
  • Here in TN our workforce is already light years ahead of the SSN verification hogwash having experienced it's initial test roll-out in places like CA and TX a couple of years ago.

How do they do it you ask? Very simple! It's identity theft in it's purest form. They "get" a "real" SSN that reasonably resembles their approximate age and gender. Then, they get a matching "I-9 suitable" secondary ID. They then apply at your place of employment and probably laugh as you call SSA or go online to check knowing fully well that it will come back verified.

Then, they know that because they under-withhold on the W4, that they will fly under the radar for at least a couple of years or until the real taxpayer gets audited.

The only time I have discovered these "double-agents" is when the "real" person calls me because they are applying for SSI disability and the SSA has told them "sorry, denied, according to our records, as recent as last week you had reportable earnings, what gives?!" The SSA then proceeds to give them my FEIN, name and phone number and I proceed to have a nice chat with my employee whom I've never met and lives in a different state.

That my friends is how the system gets bucked. Never underestimate the will, ways and means of determined individuals wanting to earn the almighty Dollar. Now, I ask my fellow forumites, without starting a war, to please convince me that our country does not need some sort of immigration reform IMMEDIATELY.

Good evening, I'm going home to watch Emeril. BAM! No need to say it, as I'm sure this thread will get kicked-up a notch by the time I log on in the morning :)

Gene
  • Glass slippered one: I don't pretend to speak for Pork, but he works in the swine industry in the business of raising piglets and full grown fat hogs for the ultimate purpose of satisfying your grilling and smoking and pan-frying needs. I've never met him, although I understand he lives in this state. As my brother might say, "Buy More Pork". "Eat More Pig!!"
  • Thanks Don, Cinderella it is as Don laid it out, we produce "baby piglet", we transport them to our contract growers, and then to market when they reach 250 to 260 pounds. This weight is the prime time because they will grow much much larger, but every pound over 260 they begin to convert feed to fat and ever pound over 260 produces a financial drain on the value per pound paid by the processor. In Mississippi we have 33,000 sows in production at any one time. We have 186 employees located in 15 different worksites, called FARMS. I love to write about our operation, it is amazing and very profitable. 100% of everthing we can produce is bought, if we can get it to market.

Yes, "HOGWASH" IS IN OUR BUSINESS

Funly PORK