Background checks

I am looking for infomation on Florida Laws regarding criminal conviction background checks for nurses. Are any facilities other than nursing homes, home health agencies and assisted living facilities required to do criminal background checks on nurses. I am looking for information on which background checks are required by law and which are done as a matter of practice in Florida.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I don't have the answer, but if you are willing to do some research go to myflorida.com and do some searches . . ie Board of Nursing, criminal background checks etc. This is the state web page and while it can be cumbersome, I can usually find what I want. . eventually.
  • Nurses are either Licensed or Registered with your State. When they provide you with a copy of their license or registration, follow up with the issuing agency.

Remember to get ALL NAMES ever used by this employee. Tie them together with marriage licenses, divorce papers, etc. We got stung by an LPN who was never an LPN at all. Hope she's not headed your way!