EEO Requirements (on letterhead?)

My organization is not subject to EEO filing requirements, but I am doing a little research for another organization who is subject to the filing requirements. Is EEO required to be placed on the company's letterhead? If so, any certain place on the letterhead? Thank you.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Kathy: I've worked for three companies that fell under the requirements of Executive Order 11246, which establishes the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP). None of them had this statement on their letterhead. In my opinion, it can or is often done voluntarily. Chapter 60: EEO, Title 41, US DOL, ESA, OFCCP is the entire text of the requirements.
  • You can file online which does not require paper at all. Check out the filing website at [url]www.mimdms.com[/url]
  • Did I misunderstand the question? I thought you were asking if the indication "Equal Opportunity Employer" had to be printed on the letterhead of those companies falling under the requirements of OFCCP, similar to the requirement for listing it in a newspaper advertisement.
  • Hi KathyA:
    I'm not sure what type of organization you are doing research for; but,
    The Standard Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Construction Contract Specifications (Executive Order 11246), which are published at 41 CFR 60-4.3, require federally-involved construction contractors with a construction contract in excess of $10,000 to take affirmative action steps that are at least as extensive as the 16 affirmative action steps listed in the Specifications.

Step #8 concerns disseminating EEO policies externally by including them in advertising in the news media. They must also provide written notification to and discuss EEO policies with other contractors and subcontractors with whom the contractor does or anticipates doing business. An OFCCP Officer will look at whether or not your contracts and purchase order forms display or reference the equal opportunity clause. To my knowledge, there is no requirement stating the EEO policy must be on company letterhead. Hope this helps.
  • Our company too must complete an AAP. I agree with Jaded's response.
  • There is no requirement for placing EEO on your letterhead. There is however a requirement to place it on other documents that you may produce such as an employment advertisment.
  • The correct acronym is EOE, actually. Equal Opportunity Employer. I think we all tend to use EEO due to our associating that with EEOC, when there's no real correlation.